Indian Infrastructure Sector Moving to Machines Instead of Manual Labour for Construction
Indian infrastructure sector is growing at a scorching pace. Be it highway or rural road construction, railway construction or home construction among other projects, every infrastructure segment is picking up pace. In fact, it is estimated that by 2025, India’s infrastructure market will emerge as the third largest in the world, which would exhibit huge demand for construction machines equipped with latest technology, owing to the advantages offered by them. Here, the question comes that whether Construction Equipment (CE) are better than manual labour? Well, the answer is a definite ‘Yes’ as CE offer a multitude of benefits over manual labour.
Here is a look at all the reasons in detail which are prompting Indian infrastructure sector to move towards Construction Equipment instead of manual labour for construction...
1. Timely project completion: Construction projects can experience significant delays in execution. One of the reasons behind project delays is that the labour force is much less efficient than an equipment. For example, Mahindra RoadMaster G75 can replace up to 15 manual labour at a small road construction site. Increasing the number of jobs done by construction equipment at your site reduces dependency on labour and increases the speed of your work. Ultimately the result is that projects are completed within the committed time.
2. Quality improvement: These days, increased importance is being given to quality of construction and thus, more and more CE are being used as opposed to manual labour as they can complete work with minimal quality defects.
3. Project efficiency- CE can easily overcome many of the limitations associated with manual labour like physical limits, socio-economic conditions and other problems such as weather conditions, health risks etc., that hamper the project’s efficiency.
4. Heavy and delicate work: At any construction site, there are many tasks which are either too heavy or too delicate in nature and cannot be performed by manual labour easily. Thus, this also makes Construction Equipment necessary at the jobsite.
5. Reduced rework and improved accuracy: It is not possible for manual labour to produce the same results every time but CE can do that easily. Thus, CE can increase the speed and accuracy as against the manual labour.
6. Cost savings and profitability- Increased productivity and reliability of CE can ultimately translate into higher profitability from fewer defect-related claims and the avoidance of delay penalties. CE can also make it easier for the companies to complete their projects within budget at a reduced overall cost. This is because CE are highly versatile and can be put to many uses as against manual labour which might have expertise in doing one task only.
7. Safety- Accidents are common at the construction sites. There are obvious safety concerns associated with workers operating on the ground, particularly within confined spaces when heavy materials are being moved around. Here, CE usage can help to mitigate or even prevent many of these risks.
, there are clear benefits of using CE over manual labour and traditional methods and this can help the infrastructure sector to beat the heavy competition in the market.
So now, if as a contractor or construction company owner, you have decided to employ highly versatile and efficient CE like the backhoe loader, then Mahindra Construction Equipment’s (MCE) EarthMaster backhoe loaders loaded with a range of features should definitely be on your list. Equipped with the superior technologies like REMOTECARE, DITEC Engine, joystick controls and Banana Boom design coupled with unmatched fuel economy and superior style, the Mahindra EarthMaster backhoe loaders can offer best of the benefits at the jobsite. By performing a variety of tasks at the jobsite, they can decrease your labour cost drastically.
If you are thinking to purchase motor graders, then also MCE’s RoadMaster motor graders should be considered which is created to offer an affordable, un-compromised and mechanised grading solution for small and medium roads in India. The RoadMaster comes with GPRS-based remote monitoring system that can help contractors keep a track of their machine with the touch of a finger. Thus, Mahindra RoadMaster can also prove to be better than the manual labour when it comes to productivity, quality, accuracy and efficiency.
In a nutshell
Given the plethora of benefits offered by CE, it is expected that in future, the infrastructure sector in the country would majorly employ the CE and just have handful of manual labourers for few tasks at the construction site. In The coming decades, it possible that CE will replace manual labours including semi-skilled and unskilled workers completely who right now make up for the bulk of workforce in the infrastructure segment. This trend would drive exponential growth of the construction and infrastructure industry in the long term.