Benefits of Upgrading Construction Equipment
It is seen that appropriate type and size of Construction Equipment (CE) employed at a job site affects the required amount of time and effort and thus, the productivity of a construction project. If the right equipment is used at the right place at a construction site, the construction job becomes easier, safe and quicker. In fact, good machines act as a backbone in the case of huge construction projects.
Just like employing the right equipment is important, upgrading the Construction Equipment at the right time is equally necessary as it can have significant positive effects in many areas. In fact, investing in a new equipment is like investing in your business to earn more and more profits. Also, this equips your already efficient team to complete the task with further efficiency. Typically, upgrading the CE can increase jobsite productivity, lead to less accident risks and injuries and can even help you to grow your clientele.
Here is the list of all the benefits of upgrading the CE...
1. Increases productivity: Often usage of old equipment can lead to heavy wastage of man-hours caused due to slow and outdated machinery. On the other hand, new and better equipment can help in increasing the productivity and reduce wastage of time and money as there are lesser chances of machinery breaking down during the project execution. Hence, upgrading the equipment becomes necessary as it may allow you to easily prepare for the demands of bigger projects.
2. Helps in performing multiple tasks: An old equipment may not be capable of doing all the work but machine embedded with advanced technology may do similar work and may be few other tasks as well smoothly in less time. Thus, upgradation of CE becomes important.
3. Facilitates timely completion of projects: Usually we see construction projects witnessing delays in execution. The main reason behind project delays is usage of old equipment with obsolete technology. Hence, it makes sense to upgrade the CE. New equipment fitted with cutting-edge technology can ensure successful project completion within the given deadline.
4. Enhances brand value and helps in building a good client base: If projects are completed on time using highly advanced equipment, the brand value of business increases in the market, which in turn can help you in getting new clientele. So, again upgrading the CE is a good option.
5. Reduces maintenance cost: New CE with latest technologies always require less maintenance. They are designed in such a way that they can work for long without major wear and tear. So, equipment upgrade should never be avoided.
6. Improves quality of work: Upgradation of CE also helps the contractors to complete work with minimal quality defects as the new CE will be much better than the old one.
7. Leads to cost-savings and profitability: Increased productivity and the reliability of the upgraded CE can translate into higher profitability from fewer defect-related claims and the avoidance of delay penalties.
8. Leads to less number of accidents: Any construction site is the locus of multiple high-risk activities and this leads to fatal accidents quite often. Older equipment generally have less safety mechanism and employ old technology, all of which can lead to major jobsite accidents. If the chances of these accidents become less through new equipment, then it always makes sense to upgrade the equipment without worrying much about the cost.
9. Ensures workers’ good health and environment: Employing old equipment can also affect the health of the workers as well as of the environment as they can produce harmful emissions. However, upgrading the CE can put an end to these problems with engine reliability, lower maintenance costs and less fuel consumption at the same time. Generally, CE equipped with latest technology are environment-friendly. Thus, they help in reducing CO2 considerably and can help you to put your greener foot forward.
10. Boosts employee morale: It goes without saying that motivated workers are the backbone of any business and construction business is not an exception as such workers can help your business to grow considerably. Well, an equipment upgrade is also known to improve employee morale and motivation on the jobsite. This is because the employees will not be burdened by using an outdated machine and they will feel valued. Thus, this can help you to retain and attract new workers.
11. Helps beat the competition: Last but not the least, when you upgrade the equipment, you will obviously be buying something which is technologically advanced than the previous one and this can help you to stay one step ahead of your competition.
Despite the major benefits of upgrading the equipment, most of the times, due to high cost of the CE, many businesses and contractors avoid upgrading the equipment and keep on using the old equipment for offsetting the initial purchasing cost. However, they forget that productivity and uptime are crucial drivers in the CE industry, where machine downtime can cost more than $1 million per day. Hence, in order to avoid major breakdowns and increase the productivity, equipment upgradation becomes utmost necessary.
So now, if you have decided to upgrade your CE like backhoe loaders, then Mahindra Construction Equipment’s (MCE) Mahindra EarthMaster backhoe loaders loaded with a plethora of features should definitely be on your list. Equipped with the superior technologies like REMOTECARE, DITEC Engine, joystick, 2-way speaker system and Banana Boom design coupled with unmatched fuel economy, superior style, operator comfort, low maintenance cost and ergonomic layout and seating, the Mahindra EarthMaster backhoe loaders can offer best of the benefits at the jobsite.
If you are looking to upgrade your motor grader, then MCE’s Mahindra RoadMaster G75 motor grader should be considered which is created to offer an affordable, un-compromised and mechanised grading solution for small and medium roads in India. The RoadMaster G75 comes with GPRS-based remote monitoring system that helps you to keep a track of your machine with the touch of a finger.
Apart from MCE, there are various other CE manufacturers in the country who manufacture different types of CE. All you need to have is a list ready of CE that you wish to be upgraded.
In a nutshell
It goes without saying that upgrading an equipment can make your business more functional, increase jobsite productivity, reduce downtime, ensure safety of workers and improve overall efficiency. So, the usage of good CE should never be underestimated on any construction site. In fact, in today’s ever changing scenario of the construction industry, equipment upgradation should be seen as the most critical task and should not be avoided at all when the need arises.