How the Right Equipment can Speed up Your Project?
It is a known fact that proper use of appropriate equipment at the construction site can lead to economy, quality, safety, speed and timely completion of a project which can result in huge profits. Particularly, timely project completion is extremely important in the construction industry and this can be only achieved through the right Construction Equipment (CE) employed for the right job. In fact, right CE can highly increase the speed of any project and even help the contractors or construction companies to finish the project earlier than the committed deadline. Further, right CE can also improve construction quality to a great extent and ensure safety at work site in addition to increasing speed.
How to choose the right equipment?
Before getting into the discussion as to how right equipment can speed up any construction project, it is necessary to understand the different categories of CE. Well, CE sector includes a variety of equipment that can be divided into various categories. Typically, the CE sector is made up of five main segments i.e., earth moving equipment, road CE, concrete equipment, material handling equipment, and material processing equipment. After knowing about various CE, as a contractor or construction company owner, you should know as to how to go about selecting the right equipment for your project. Below are few pointers...
1. Identify the type of job that you want to perform as this will help you to determine the type of CE that you need.
2. After knowing about the job type, it is necessary to figure out the size of the project.
3. It is also important to find out about the job conditions like whether it is a hilly, rocky or uneven terrain, loose soil or valley where the equipment will be used. It is equally important to consider the weather and climatic conditions as well.
4. You should opt for front-end possibility dedicated equipment that offer better efficiency and performance. Here, it is to be noted that inter-changeable equipment are always more versatile.
5. Last but not the least, equipment that make your work easier and more effective should be chosen.
Speeding up the project through right equipment
After shedding light on how to choose the right equipment, now we throw light on how the right equipment usage can increase speed of any construction project...
1. Right equipment ensures no project delays: Since the present-day highly advanced and technologically-sound CE are not at all affected by any weather or extreme operating conditions, they can very well complete the projects on time and even help the contractors to take up more and more projects. Such equipment can also make jobsites more efficient and help to streamline project schedules.
2. Right equipment reduces rework and increases accuracy, reliability and productivity: Equipped with advanced technologies, right CE can improve quality of work and result in accuracy, thus, saving time and cost associated with rework tasks. This can surely increase the speed and productivity at the construction site.
3. Equipment that can perform multiple tasks can also increase overall speed: At any construction site, it is always better to employ specialised equipment for tasks as they can increase the speed considerably. That said, specialised equipment that can perform multiple tasks may also be preferred as they can help contractors to do much more with one equipment. For example, backhoe loaders can be used to do a variety of tasks like moving dirt, backfill, digging trenches, crushing, lifting, grabbing objects, small demolitions, laying pipes, asphalt breaking, paving roads etc., when used with different attachments. Even, motor graders can perform various tasks like making smoother surfaces, fine grade, levelling soil and shifting small amounts of dirt.
4. Right equipment leads to safety and less number of accidents, which in turn affects speed: Any construction site is the locus of multiple high-risk activities and this leads to fatal accidents quite often. If at the jobsite, there is lot of manual work or older equipment that have less safety mechanism are used, then this may lead to major accidents and can cause delay in project execution. Hence, this also necessitates the use of right equipment at the jobsite that result in work site safety, minimum number of accidents and the project is completed on time.
Apart from the above, right equipment usage can also boost employee morale which can further impact the speed of the project and ensure that work is completed at a fast rate. That said, if projects are completed on or before time, the brand value of contractors or construction companies can increase considerably in the market, which in turn can help them in getting new clientele.
Talking about the right CE, here, Mahindra Construction Equipment’s Mahindra EarthMaster backhoe loaders and Mahindra RoadMaster motor graders deserve a special mention as they are equipped with the right technology which can easily help the contractors finish the project before or within the given timeline.
To sum up...
Using right CE for the construction projects is extremely essential for the contractors to meet the deadline and maintain a good name in the market. This is the reason that demand for various CE is increasing and the CE market is expected to grow to $5 billion by 2020 and move towards further higher growth in the following years.